Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pagsanjan Falls, Laguna


Our aim is to visit the places that we read in the books, "The Philippines Pride" as what we tackled in our class during elementary days , to see it real as it was discussed in the book.
Pagsanjan  Falls is one of the famous waterfalls in the Philippines, it is located in the province of Laguna. We are backpackers of no definite place to go. We only have our backpack, money, and most especially our travel guide.
After our 2 hours travel at the sea riding the roro ship going to Batangas City, we still hasn't decided yet of where to go. So many places of our minds, but time passed so fast  and it's already 6PM when we at last decided that we should take the road going to Laguna.



We spend the night at Sun City at Pansol, Laguna since we have an early ride to the bus going to Sta. Cruz Laguna, Pagsanjan Falls. 

 After a 1-2 hours of ride  going to Pagsanjan, we finally reach the place. We settle our bag to the tourist locker and pay P 1,650.00 for the 2 hours paddle boat ride that will take us to Pagsanjan falls. 
The river was rocky, and going to the falls is not that easy for the boatmen. It's not a simple paddle boat that only needs paddle to move, it's different and it's hard because in this case the man needs to kick each rock in order to move. They have a hard time doing this but because of getting used to it, it looks so normal and easy to them, they can still throw a joke and tell us story about the place.
 

The place was  enchanting because I saw different colors of butterflies feeling so free. No one was there to catch them . Never in my life that I see those butterflies in our yard or anywhere in the city , or even in the farm. Tiny butterflies of colors, green, blue and yellow, and even dragon flies were there. It's enchanting.!
 While traveling through  the paddle boats there were little falls before the real Pagsanjan Falls.
The place is a bit scary because the sound of the water falling from the mountain was totally a loud sound in my ears. I can even imagine that there were fairies  taking care of this place.





 And finally here's the beautiful Pagsanjan Falls. The sound of the water was definitely a music to everyone's ear.

before we can go to the falls we need to ride this "balsada"; it's made up of bamboos connected to each other.. People were there to assist us and they were the one to bring us in the falls. There was a tie connected near the falls so the balsada won't be lost and we won't be endangered.
 As we are coming near in the falls, I am so scared, I'm a traveler, I love the sea, but I have this fear in the water.. Lol, I don't know how to swim. It's really scary.The only sound I am hearing is the falling water from the falls. It was so cold. I was totally chilling, I don't know if its the fear or is it really cold in there.But I think both. I was totally chilling. My jaw was already moving because of too much coldness I am feeling.
We asked someone to take this photo. We are to feel the water from the falls. Still so scary but I need to conquer my fear. I need to experience this awesome experience There were people to save me and I have my life jacket so I shouldn't be afraid.
Oh la la
 And so this was what happened to us after the awesome experience in the falls. Water massage is what they called it. The water was warm but the place was cold. It was really cool. I almost lost my breath but it was very unforgettable experience. We keep on shouting . Enough! Enough! Enough! but no one hear us, we can't hear anything aside from the water from the walls. It was breathtaking and I love it!!!

Saying goodbye to the beautiful falls. We need more water massage..LOL.. and we are coming back.





The Folksingers who sings for us while we are having our lunch. It's so sweet to hear their voices singing with banduria , the native song of Pagsanjan that invites everyone.

The captivating view from the restaurant, the fishermen boats. But it's cute because they were connected to each boats. Five connected boats sailing together to catch fish! awesome!!!

It's not a goodbye Pagsanjan. We're coming back and I hope everything is the same!!!

TIP :  don't forget to bring your  SUNBLOCK, going in the falls would totally burn your skin 

enjoy guys!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment